July 12, 2012

Baby steps.

You'll never guess what! The plumbers didn't care that my kitchen was messy.

Let's rewind to yesterday so we can all take this journey together. When I left you, I was slightly stressed over not cleaning my kitchen before the 5pm plumber arrival. I was secretly hoping they'd be late and I would have time to get things tidy.

I'm walking to my car at 430 when the borderline unthinkable happens: the plumbers call. They're in my driveway...30 minutes early. When will I be home? Give me 15 minutes, I tell them, and I race home.

But guess what happens when I get home! The plumbers went to the laundry room and got to work. They never gave a second glance to my kitchen.

I cleaned, without running water, while they worked, and I began to think, "Self, maybe you need to calm your silly ass down." So I followed Deepak Chopra on Twitter. Then I unfollowed, because...no thanks.

Baby steps.

No comments: