August 20, 2012

Happiness.

I'm truly inspired by the people behind tinybuddha.com, happiness-project.com, and the like. However, when I read entries, I only partially relate. I feel like they're all "beyond" me. As if their version of "I lose my temper with my family" and mine is vastly different.  Mine includes pursing my lips so tightly my eyes bug out of my head. I feel like theirs exclusively includes the word "gosh."

These are unfounded feelings of inferiority that I should explore in a post, right?

But really, what I'm saying is, I'm beginning this betterment journey, and one day I hope to keep my wits about me while muttering "gosh" as my children behave in a manner that used to summon threats of carnival lives. Really, they're kids, and they're only gosh darn kids once.

No comments: