April 11, 2013

Mission: Maggie

I wrote this post in October 2011. Did you read it? Did you see that foreshadowing? IT'S LIKE I KNOW MYSELF.

So in October 2011 I was apparently under the impression I was starting over for the last time.

What I find tough to swallow is how much progress I actually had made. I was touching my toes which, for me, was almost as exciting as doing the splits.

What I didn't document, and don't remember, is giving up. At some point I quit stretching. In January 2013, the tension in my entire body was unbearable; even my usually comfy mattress hurt me.

I decided to start my Positivity Proposal, and number two on my list was stretching. I never did get around to writing about number two, although I was doing back, neck and shoulder stretches daily.  I still do them a couple times a week, in fact. My original intent was to add leg and hip stretches until I became a Limber Linda but instead, when life got hectic, I let all exercise be forgotten.

Now look! I can't touch my toes! It's almost my 32nd birthday and I CAN'T TOUCH MY TOES.

So effective immediately I'm reinstating the Positivity Proposal but I'm rebranding. It will now be known as Mission: Maggie. (I may have a thing for alliteration.) I feel the new name better represents my evolving goals, and I'm excited for the reboot!

Below, my husband and I try to take a picture with our puppy.

No comments: